Flu Clinic 2019 – IMPORTANT UPDATE
Due to supply issues, which you may well have heard about in the news, we have taken the decision to run two Saturday morning clinics this year.
As per last year, patients aged 2-64 and patients aged 65 or above need to be given different types of vaccination. It is the delivery of vaccines for younger patients that has been delayed.
The first clinic will take place on Saturday 12th October and is only for patients aged 65 and above. PATIENTS UNDER 65 SHOULD NOT ATTEND ON THIS DATE AS WE WILL NOT HAVE RECEIVED DELIVERY OF THE VACCINATION YOU NEED TO BE GIVEN.
The second clinic will take place on Saturday 2nd November. Patients aged 2-64 and in an at risk group, or patients aged 65 or above who were unable to attend the previous clinic, should attend on this day.
Patients falling within the following at risk categories will be entitled to the vaccination and are encouraged to attend on an appropriate date:
- Aged 65 or above (including those becoming age 65 by 31.03.19)
- Chronic respiratory disease (such as severe asthma, COPD or bronchitis)
- Chronic heart disease (such as heart failure)
- Chronic renal disease at stage 3, 4 or 5
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease (such as Parkinson’s or motor neurone disease, or learning disability)
- Splenic dysfunction or asplenia
- Weakened immune system due to disease or treatment. Consideration will also be given to the immunisation of household contacts of these patients.
- Morbidly obese (defined as BMI of 40 or above)
- All pregnant women (including those who become pregnant during the flu season)
- People living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay care facilities
- Patients who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or who are the main carer for an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.
Surnames beginning with: Please Attend:
N-S 10.30am –11.15am
T-Z 11.15am - 12pm
Flu vaccination appointments with our Practice Nursing Team will be available after the November clinic date for patients who have been unable to attend.
We will also be participating in the national programme to offer the flu vaccination to all children who were aged 2 or 3 on 31st August 2019. We will be writing to invite this group of patients to attend in due course.
Early Morning Appointments
We now offer pre-bookable appointments between 7am and 8am every Tuesday morning. Routine appointments with a GP, Nurse and Healthcare Assistant are available.